Hair transplantation for women in Turkey is considered one of the most popular hair transplant services. If baldness is troublesome for men, it must be more troublesome when women face it! If this condition is not treated in a timely manner, it may develop and cause wider bald spots in the scalp.
Hair loss in women is generally more severe after menopause, as hair loss starts to involve the middle of the scalp to gradually extend until it forms a completely bald spots sometimes, and during this period hair loss is similar to male baldness in the affected areas usually.
Hair transplantation for women provides an appropriate solution to this problem, which is a procedure that has recently become increasingly popular in both men and women alike.
What makes a female a good candidate for hair transplant?
Unlike men, all follicles in women are susceptible to hormonal effects, even on the sides and the back of the scalp, however, hair transplantation for women can be done in certain cases, including:
- The presence of bald spots
- Hair loss in a specific area secondary to an old injury, burns, or scars.
- Hair loss due to non-hormonal factors, such as hair pull, or some mental illness.
- Hair loss similar to male hair loss pattern.
How is a female hair transplant done?
The techniques for hair transplantation in women are fundamentally no different than in men except in a few aspects.
- Micro FUE technology can be applied, and this technique relies on taking hair follicles from the donor area and implanting it in the recipient area using a special device for opening the channels.
- Because the diameter of a single hair in women is less than that of men, the opened channels must be smaller, not exceeding 0.75 mm.
- It is possible to do the procedure without having to shave hair completely when transplanting the forehead hairline in women, and the number of follicles to be transplanted does not exceed 2000 follicles, as it is sufficient to cut some hair in the donor area only, but in the event that the number of follicles required is higher, the doctor may have to shave head hair completely.
It is also possible to do the hair transplant using DHI technology, using Choi pens, in which channels opening and implantation steps take place together at the same time.
How long do I have to stay in Turkey to get a hair transplant?
When you decide to get a hair transplant for women, you will have to stay for only 4 days in Istanbul, and you will be able to return to your normal life completely after two days of the procedure, with no scars or side effects.
What are the steps of a hair transplant procedure in women?
Hair transplant in women is performed without shaving, especially when using the DHI technique.
1- Shaving a small part of the back of the scalp
It is the only part that is shaved, that small spot will be easily covered with normal hair, and no one will be able to notice it.
2- Local anesthesia
Without the use of needles, as we have special injection devices that can apply anesthesia without pain.
3- Follicles Extraction
Using the micromotor device that has a diameter or less than 1 mm.
By using the technique of Choi pens, or another technique, taking into account the exact accuracy in the direction and angle for each hair follicle, to get a natural and ideal result.
Ilajak Medical | We care for you